Spectra Venue Management, one of the leading and best financially resourced private venue management companies in the industry, manages the Crown Complex.
To view all employment opportunities with our organization please visit Comcast-Spectacor Job Board.
MARKETING DIRECTOR (Click on the position title to apply)
Reports to: General Manager
Status: Full-Time; Exempt; Salaried
Closing Date: Open until filled
This position will work with the General Manager to oversee that day to day operations of the marketing and group sales department to promote the facilities and events while creating and maintaining relationships with media and promotional partners. The marketing director will execute and oversee advertising, media buying, promotions, public relations and grassroots efforts for events as assigned.
- Develop marketing plans and strategies for events exercising sound judgment
- Implement marketing plans including creation of advertising materials, media buying, promotions, grassroots, interactive efforts and public relations for events
- Negotiate, close, and implement media and promotional agreements for the Crown Complex events with promoters and media clients
- Prepare written letter of agreements including negotiating terms
- Prepare weekly corporate marketing reports and participate in monthly conference calls with other Spectra Venue Management entities
- Create collateral materials such as print ads, promotional pieces, posters, schedules, calendars and various ticket brochures from concept to completion
- Maintain and create detailed media budgets, settlement reconciliations, and recap summaries for facility events
- Coordinate marketing efforts between promoters, artist management and local media
- Develop and implement media drop and public relations campaigns
- Research projects/upcoming shows
- Update website, marquee and in-arena address systems (including flyers, posters, TV’s creative
- Manage database and email campaigns
- Develop new marketing programs and initiatives to maximize ticket sales such as third party partnerships, new media avenues
- Participate in the development and implementation of annual marketing goals, objectives, policies and priorities
- Work in conjunction with Group Sales, Premium Services and Corporate Partnership managers to maximize revenues.
- Recruit and assist managing student intern recruitment and assignments
- Manage a team of marketing and group sales employees, assisting in their day-to-day needs as necessary
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Minimum B.S. or B.A. degree from an accredited college/university is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in customer service related field and management preferred.
- Experience in ticketing/group sales or event planning preferred.
- Completion of technical or specialized training or education in graphic design (i.e. adobe creative suite) and Microsoft Office preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong leadership skills, organizational skills, and excellent interpersonal skills particularly in dealing with the public are required.
- Proven time management skills and reliable at adhering to time sensitive deadlines as required
- Flexible – must be available to work evenings, weekends and all event days as assigned.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
- Yes or No: Do you have a B.S. or B.A. degree from an accredited college/university?
- Yes or No: Do you have experience in ticketing/group sales or event planning?
- Yes or No: Do you have technical or specialized training or education in graphic design (i.e. adobe creative suite) and Microsoft Office?
- Yes or No: Are you able to work evenings, weekends and all event days as assigned?
- To be considered, please list your salary requirements.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER