Spectra Venue Management, one of the leading and best financially resourced private venue management companies in the industry, manages the Crown Complex.
To view all employment opportunities with our organization please visit Comcast-Spectacor Job Board.
Reports to: Box Office Manager
Supervises: Ticket Sellers
Status: Full-Time; Exempt; Salary
Closing Date: Open until filled
The Assistant Box Office Manager is responsible for assisting all ticketing operations for the Crown Complex including daily operations of the complex box office and any ticketing outlets. Responsibilities include servicing of all Premium Services clients with ticket requests as well as assisting marketing department with report requests; account for all cash received, verifying daily cash reports, maintaining accurate bookkeeping documents, and depositing all ticket receipts. Supervise and train part-time employees at any given time and have the authority to hire or fire and the authority to make recommendations for hiring and firing of part-time employees.
- Prepare the daily cash deposits, reconcile daily ticket sales, and work with finance department to resolve any issues in regards to daily sales being out of balance.
- Assist in the development of an effective and efficient box office staff by hiring qualified workers, providing appropriate supervision, enforcing operational policies and procedures published in a box office operations manual, and evaluating work performances.
- Help to assure that ticket buyers receive good customer service and have a positive experience with the Box Office by training representatives in customer service techniques, monitoring the performance of staff, complying with customer requests to the extent possible, and solving problems quickly and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Responsible for the servicing and fulfillment of Premium Services ticket orders in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintain competency through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as requested by the Box Office Manager.
- Update and troubleshoot the computerized ticketing system and software.
- Manage business objects software by troubleshooting when scheduled daily reports fail, modifying scheduled reports when needed, complete daily executive sales report as requested.
- Manage all aspects of ticket scanners including setup, tear down, maintenance, etc. and assist in event scan reports and drop counts to Event Manager during closing procedures following each event.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Crown Complex by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum B.S. or B.A. degree from an accredited college/university is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in customer service related field and management.
- Box office ticketing experience preferred.
- Experience operating the Spectra Ticketing platform (formerly Paciolan) preferred.
- Completion of technical or specialized training or education in personal computers and experience utilizing the Spectra Ticketing software and Microsoft Office software (i.e. word and excel) preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated responsibility in handling large sums of money.
- Strong supervisory skills, and excellent interpersonal skills, particularly in dealing with the public, are required.
- Proven time management skills and reliable at adhering to time sensitive deadlines as required
- Flexible – must be available to work evenings, weekends and all event days as assigned.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
- Are you a current employee of Comcast Spectacor or any of its entities?
- Do you live within a daily commutable distance to our location?
- Please list your salary requirements.
- Are you able to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed?
- Do you have a B.S. or B.A. degree from an accredited college/university?
- Do you have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in customer service related field and management?
- Do you have box office ticketing experience?
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER