Spectra Venue Management, one of the leading and best financially resourced private venue management companies in the industry, manages the Crown Complex.
To view all employment opportunities with our organization please visit Comcast-Spectacor Job Board.
MARKETING MANAGER (Click on the position title to apply)
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Status: Full-Time; Exempt; Salaried
Closing Date: Open until filled
This position will work with the Director of Marketing to market the facilities and events while creating and maintaining relationships with media and promotional partners. The marketing coordinator will assist in advertising, media buying, promotions, public relations and grassroots efforts for events as assigned.
- Develop marketing plans and strategies for events exercising sound judgment
- Implement marketing plans including creation of advertising materials, media buying, promotions, grassroots, interactive efforts and public relations for events
- Negotiate, close, and implement media and promotional agreements for the Crown Complex events with promoters and media clients
- Prepare written letter of agreements including negotiating terms
- Assist Director of Marketing in preparation of weekly corporate marketing reports and participate in monthly conference calls with other Global Spectrum entities
- Create collateral materials such as print ads, promotional pieces, posters, schedules, calendars and various ticket brochures from concept to completion
- Maintain and create detailed media budgets, settlement reconciliations, and recap summaries for facility events
- Coordinate marketing efforts between promoters, artist management and local media
- Develop and implement media drop and public relations campaigns
- Research projects/upcoming shows
- Update website, marquee and in-arena address systems (including flyers, posters, TV’s creative
- Manage database and email campaigns
- Develop new marketing programs and initiatives to maximize ticket sales such as third party partnerships, new media avenues
- Participate in the development and implementation of annual marketing goals, objectives, policies and priorities
- Work in conjunction with Group Sales, Premium Services and Corporate Partnerships managers to maximize revenues.
- Recruit and assist managing student intern recruitment and assignments
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Minimum B.S. or B.A. degree from an accredited college/university is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in customer service related field and management preferred.
- Experience in ticketing/group sales or event planning preferred.
- Completion of technical or specialized training or education in graphic design (i.e. adobe creative suite) and Microsoft Office preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong leadership skills, organizational skills, and excellent interpersonal skills particularly in dealing with the public are required.
- Proven time management skills and reliable at adhering to time sensitive deadlines as required
- Flexible – must be available to work evenings, weekends and all event days as assigned.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you a current or former employee of Spectra?
2. Are you open to relocation?
3. Do you live within a daily commutable distance to our location?
4. Please list your salary requirements.
5. Do you have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university?
6. Do you have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in customer service related
field and management?
7. Do you have experience in ticketing/group sales or event planning?
8. Are you proficient in Microsoft Office?
9. Are you able and willing to work nights, weekends and select holidays, in addition to
traditional business hours, as required?
10. To be considered, please list your salary requirements.
Receptionist/office support (Click on the position title to email Rita Perry, Human Resources Manager, to request an application.)
Reports to: Human Resources/Office Manager
Status: Part-Time; Non-Exempt; Hourly
Under general supervision of the Human Resources/Office Manager, employee represents the complex as the initial contact for prospective clients and the general public; responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies; and performs office/clerical work and does related work as required for all departments as assigned.
- Answers and appropriately routes incoming telephone calls.
- Receives visitors, accepts payments of fees, explains procedures and answers routine questions.
- Receives and routes incoming mail to proper individuals.
- Assists All Departments with office files and other clerical duties.
- Flexible Hours – must be available to work evenings, weekends and all event days as assigned.
- Clerical and record keeping procedures;
- General operational knowledge of a variety of office equipment including communication radio, calculator, copy machine, fax machine, typewriter, and personal computer.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public and other employees.
- Ability to use computer software especially Windows Operating System, Word, Excel, internet, and interoffice e-mail
- Ability to make accurate comparisons and arithmetic basis computations.
- Read and understand written information
- Identify problems and review information.
TICKET SELLER (Click on the position title to email Rita Perry, Human Resources Manager, to request an application.)
Reports to: Box Office Manager/Assistant Box Office Manager
Status: Part-Time; Non-exempt; Hourly
Closing Date: Open until filled
The Ticket Seller is responsible for selling tickets to the general public, while providing general information to patrons. This is a part-time position that requires the availability to work flexible hours during events, evenings, weekends, and some week days.
- Selling tickets to the general public
- Assist patrons at the Box Office Will-Call window and resolve all issues/problems
- Create exceptional experience for all guests through a safe, clean, and friendly environment
- Answer questions regarding events, tickets and schedules
- Reconcile money received
- Balance monies at end of shift with supervisor
- Assist with the restocking of Box Office supplies
- Follow all operational policies and procedures for Box Office operations and Global Spectrum
- All other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Demonstrated customer service skills with the aptitude to resolve conflicts
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Candidates must be computer literate and have experience with Office equipment: copier, computer/keyboard, telephone, fax and printers
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- High school diploma or a general education degree
- Ability to work non-standard work hours with variable schedule, to include weekends.
- Position requires the ability to stand for extended periods of time, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear, use hands to reach and handle tickets, money, receipts, and the ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- 1-2 years prior experience cash handling and strong math aptitude
SPECTRA FOOD SERVICES & HOSPITALITY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER